By Chef: Golubka
Posted: January 18, 2012
The spaghetti is so tender, yet crunchy, and surprisingly easy to prepare on a spiral slicer. When combined together, you end up with a plate of alive and vibrant food, infused with the aroma of fresh herbs. The dish takes mere minutes to prepare, and works especially well during tomato season, which will start soon in the warmer months of the year. It’s also ideal for a first tasting of raw food, as everyone loves it.
- 2 zuchinni
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, or the equivalent of the same amount of cherry tomatoes — cut in chunks
- 2-3 halves sun-dried tomatoes
- 1-2 dates — pits removed
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup or more fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 leaves, or 1 tbsp of fresh oregano (optional)
- Handful of flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Celtic salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.(not zuchinni)
Serve over zucchini shaved on a spiral slicer on the spaghetti setting.