By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: August 5, 2015
Not only is this cake so beautiful to look at, but a single bite will make you moan. And the second bite will make you moan again. And an entire slice will feel like heaven. True story. Just see for yourself!
- handful of almonds
- handful of sultanas (oil free)
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup softened coconut butter
- 20 gr melted cacao butter
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 full TBSP sweetener of choice (raw honey, maple syrup)
- 1 full TBSP cacao powder
- a bit of water to blitz
- Add almonds and dates to the blender jug and blitz until you get a crumbly mix. Press it into the mini pan.
- Add 1/3 cup cashews, half the coconut butter, 10 g cacao butter, the vanilla bean, half the honey and a bit of water to one of the smoothie cups. Blitz until you get a creamy and smooth mix. Set aside.
- Add 1/3 of the cashews, half the coconut butter, 10g cacao butter, the cacao powder, half the honey and a bit of water to the second smoothie cup and blitz until super smooth.
- Pour a layer of dark chocolate mix onto the cake base. Reserve 1-2 TBSP of mix to use for decoration.
- Pour the entire white chocolate mix onto the cake and smooth it out.
- Pour the remainder of the dark chocolate mix on top and use a skewer to create decorative swirls.
- Pop the cake in the fridge to firm up. Or the freezer if your sweet tooth is impatient.