By Chef: Jenné Claiborne
Posted: August 9, 2012
A stunning Summer salad with some of the season’s greatest fruity treasures! Freshly diced watermelon combines with peaches and tomatoes dressed with a lime and coconut nectar vinaigrette!
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced the same size as watermelon pieces
- 2 peaches, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp coconut nectar (or raw honey or agave)
- dash sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- handful basil, whole or chiffonade
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (toasted or raw)
1. Place the watermelon, peaches and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
2. Make the lime vinaigrette by adding the ingredients, minus the olive oil to a blender or food processor. Blend, and slowly pour in the olive oil.
3. Drizzle about 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette onto the salad, stir in basil and half of the pumpkin seeds. When serving, drizzle a bit more of the dressing onto the salad, and garnish with more seeds.