By Chef: Matt Amsden
Posted: January 2, 2014
Soy-free adzuki bean miso paste combines with homemade “nofu”, pure hot water, a dash of sea salt and yummy garnishes of nori seaweed, hemp seeds, cayenne and turmeric in this belly warming miso soup recipe by Matt Amsden of RAWvoltion. One sip and you will feel instantly soothed and nourished.
FOR THE SOUP:
- 2 heaping tablespoons adzuki bean miso
- 3 cups of pure hot water
- pinch of sea salt
FOR THE NOFU:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup of Irish Moss Gel (soak overnight, rinse and blend with pure water)
- 1 1/2 cups of warm pure water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
FOR THE GARNISHES (optional)
1. combine all of its ingredients and blend in high speed blender until smooth.
2. Pour into a shallow pan, cover and refrigerate. Allow the Nofu to set up overnight for a more solid consistency.
1. Divide the miso between 2 soup bowls and stir into each 1/2 cup of hot water and a pinch of sea salt until dissolved.
2. Add the remaining hot water equally to each bowl and stir again.
3. Add the optional garnishes to each bowl in the quantities that you prefer, and serve.