By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: January 18, 2013
The simple action of making fresh fruit and vegetable juice for yourself daily can be a huge boon to your health and vitality! And Christina Ross of Love-Fed.com just made the whole process even sweeter with this recipe for carrot cupcakes using the leftover pulp. Complete with coconut vanilla bean frosting! Enjoy!
- 2 cups veggie pulp (carrots, pineapple, ginger and tumeric)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
For the frosting:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut crystals
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
1. Make veggie juice and save the pulp
2. in a food processor combine the pulp, cranberries, coconut, pecans, vanilla bean, nectar and palm sugar- pulse until lightly mixed together.
3. Scoop mixture into cupcake liners or cake/loaf pans lined with parchment paper.
1. in a large mixing bowl add the coconut cream (refrigerated coconut milk), vanilla bean, nectar, and crystals. Whip for about 30 seconds and scoop onto cupcakes.
You can use a pastry bag for a prettier presentation or simply use an offset spatula if you are frosting a cake.