By Chef: Alexandra Dawson
Posted: January 19, 2017
Virtuous bites of raw cashew, naturally sweetening medjool date, and gluten-free tigernut flour, with an heir of indulgence. Almost sugar cookie dough-like in taste, this late night snack recipe is perfect on its own or rolled in maca powder, cacao, or bee pollen. Enjoy along or serve with a piping hot mug of tea.
Yield: 12 balls
- 1 ¾ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- beans from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserve (RFR tip — you could also use soaked and pureed dried apricots)
- In a small bowl, soak raw cashews in warm water for 1 hour, or until cashews are very soft. Drain.
- In a food processor fitted with an S-blade pulse cashews, tigernut flour, coconut, dates, vanilla bean, and apricot preserve until mixture forms a smooth and dough-like consistency.
- Using a standard ice cream scooper, scoop dough into balls.
- Place in air-tight tupperware and refrigerate for up to one week, grabbing and munching as desired. Enjoy!