By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: May 8, 2014
A savory and completely delicious raw, vegan, and gluten free recipe for Turmeric and Pumpkin Seed Pate Nori Wraps by the talented Gena Hemshaw of Choosing Raw. Quick, easy, and delightful with a nice dose of turmeric renowned for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
Serve with a salad and some lentils for a full plate! Or use the pate as a dip, a spread on raw crackers, or a salad topper.
Yield: 6-8 servings of pate
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds, soaked for 2 hours or more, and drained
- Nama shoyu or tamari to taste (I used low sodium, about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 sundried tomatoes, oil or water soaked and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
1) Place pumpkin seeds, shoyu or tamari, garlic, turmeric, and tomatoes in a food processor. Process till well incorporated.
2) Add water in a drizzle (with the motor running) till pate is smooth and spreadable.
3) To assemble the nori rolls you see here, just use whatever veggie fillings you have handy. Try kale, spiralized zucchini, sprouts, cabbage, etc. Spread 2 tablespoons of the filling onto a nori sheet, and then top with your vegetables.