By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: November 22, 2010
With a mix of sweet & savory ingredients, this tropical inspired dish makes for a flavorful starter or light meal. Monounsaturated fat and vitamins C & E make avocados a true beauty food, keeping our skin soft and youthful. This is a simple recipe with a delicious and beautiful result.
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 2 avocados
1) Toss the kale and salt in a large bowl.
2) Massage the kale by hand, causing it to soften and wilt. Proceed for several minutes until the kale is very soft.
3) Add lime juice, coconut oil and garlic and massage a bit more to flavor the kale.
4) Toss in pineapple, bell pepper, cilantro, scallions and chipotle. Mix very well.
5) Cut your avocados in half and remove the pit. If the hole left by the pit is very small, you may wish to scoop out a bit of the flesh to make room for the stuffing.
6) Divide the kale mixture into four equal portions and fill the avocados. Serve immediately.
If you wish to prepare the kale salad in advance, just keep the avocados whole until ready to serve to prevent browning.