By Chef: Ella Leché
Posted: March 24, 2016
This is one of those simple dishes that is so versatile, has a great flavor and lots of freshness and crunch! This makes a great side dish and is perfect for the picnic season ahead. It’s quick and couldn’t get any easier to make!
- 3 multi-coloured peppers : yellow, orange and red
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/2 cup of slivered raw almonds
- fresh or dried herbs such as oregano or basil
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Cut all the peppers and zucchini very thinly in long strips. You can use a mandolin for this if you have one. Set aside.
- To make the dressing: In a medium bowl for your salad, drizzle in a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil, add the dried herbs and pepper, and the fresh juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Combine together and add in the cut up peppers, zucchini and almonds.