By Chef: Paula Ansell
Posted: June 1, 2017
That perfect combination of tangy, sweet, and creamy…it’s hard to top a perfectly crafted raw lemon berry cheesecake. So summery!
- 100g raspberries
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs water
- 150g shredded coconut
- 150g almond meal (ground almonds)
- 200g dates
- 50mls warm water
- pinch of salt
- 300g raw cashews soaked – once soaked should equal about 350g
- 100ml coconut milk – tinned (RFR tip — or make your own thick coconut milk by blending young Thai coconut meat with water in a high speed blender)
- 250ml lemon juice
- 150ml maple syrup
- 70ml coconut oil – melted
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Blend all in the food processor until it forms a batter that sticks together.
- Then press into a brownie tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Blend it all in, leaving the coconut oil till last, in your high powered blender.
- Once smooth and creamy, pour into the brownie tray and spread evenly.
- Now with the raspberry swirl, get a spoon and spoon it out and randomly spread it around the lemon filling. It should be somewhat melted by now, so you may be able to pour it and then grab a toothpick, swirl it around in there to make hearts and other cool shapes.
- Other than that, pop it in the freezer to freeze, then remove 2 hours later and cut with a hot knife and eat it!