By Chef: Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram
Posted: December 21, 2012
Kristina says, “This is a great recipe without any fat! A hearty 811 meal should you choose to indulge!”
Pumpkin puree and luscious, juicy persimmons blend together in your Vitamix with fresh almond milk, dates, and a pinch of vanilla or nutmeg….is it a dessert or a soup? You decide!
1 Cup Pie Pumpkin Puree (from our fabulous organic pie pumpkins!)
• 2-3 Persimmons (Be sure to take off the top stem!)
• ¾ cups almond milk (or more to thin out as desired)
• 3-5 Dates
• Optional: pinches of vanilla or nutmeg
1) To make the almond milk, simply soak our raw almonds in tiny bit water for a few hours until it turns cloudy, then blend raw almonds with the water, strain it, and use a small bit for the recipe.
2) This is a great recipe without any fat! A hearty 811 meal should you choose to indulge!