By Chef: Judita Wignall
Posted: May 13, 2011
Try this superfood vegan granola for breakfast. It’s loaded with omega-3’s and super fruit like goji berries and mulberries.
- 3 cups pecans, soaked 4 hours, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chia seeds, soaked in 2 cups water for 4 hours
- 2 cups hulled buckwheat groats, soaked 1 hour
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup dried mulberries
- 2/3 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and divide among 3 dehydrator trays lined with non stick sheets. Dehydrate at 110 for 12 hours. Flip granola onto mesh screens and continue drying for another 8-10 hours or until crispy.
Store in an airtight container for one month. If it gets soft, dehydrate again until crisp.