By Chef: Ooh La Raw
Posted: May 29, 2012
Really easy to throw together, these superfood protein bars will give you energy and nourishment when you most need it. They make a great breakfast on the go for those mornings when time is not on your side. Feel free to add any other superfoods that you’d like: goldenberries, hemp seeds, maca, lucuma, spirulina, etc. You could even add some Epic Protein to further boost the amino acid content for strong healthy tissues.
- 1/2 C Almonds
- 1/2 C Cashews
- 1/2 C Coconut, Shredded
- 15 Dates
- 3 T agave (honey, coconut nectar, etc)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 T Mesquite Powder
- Handful of goji berries, cocoa nibs, and white mulberries
1) Process almonds and cashews together until a fine flour is formed.
2) Add everything else and process until a dough forms and it comes together.
3) Press dough into a square pan, refrigerate until set (about 1 – 2 hours)
4) Cut into bars, wrap.
*Can be left out at room temp, but better is refrigerated.