By Chef: Natalia KW
Posted: January 11, 2011
In this recipe, chickpeas are replaced with sprouted sunflower seeds, while the rest of the recipe remains inline with tradition for a thick, flavorful and filling dip. Serve with local organic veggies, flax crackers or on top of fresh salads.
Yield: 3 cups
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 4-6 hours in pure water, drained and rinsed well
- ½ cup raw sesame tahini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- olive oil, paprika and/or parsley to garnish, if desired
1) Place garlic cloves in the food processor fit with the s-blade.
2) Process to chop finely.
3) Add all remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and process until smooth.
4) Scrape into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley.