By Chef: Shannon Leparski
Posted: June 6, 2016
It’s starting to really feel like summer, which means lean, clean and green meals are in order. Start here with this tasty zoodle (zucchini noodle) dish topped with a creamy, slightly spicy avocado lime sauce.
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 cup shelled & cooked edamame (RFR note: or try freshly shelled peas if 100% raw!)
- optional add-ins: extra veggies like bell peppers, carrots and purple cabbage
Creamy Avocado Lime Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2-3 slices of jalapeño (optional)
- fresh juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by spiralizing the zucchini and cooking the edamame according to the package’s directions (RFR note: or if using raw peas, shell them) Combine them in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a food processor, blend up all ingredients for the Creamy Avocado Lime Sauce until smooth and creamy.