By Chef: Amber Crawley
Posted: May 26, 2012
Sun cured vanilla bean make everything better. This sweet cream recipe is so easy to prepare and makes an amazing cream layer in a berry parfait, or drizzled over fresh cut fruit like in this particular recipe. A touch of fresh lemon juice gives this recipe juuuust the right amount of tang without detracting from the sweet vanilla flavor and richness of the cashew nuts.
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked
- 3 tablespoons agave or coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (I used Vivapura‘s amazing Coconut Créme!)
- Seeds from ½ vanilla bean (or 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 tablespoons filtered water
- Additional water, as needed to thin
1) Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. (If you don’t have coconut butter, leave it out and stream in 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil at this point, with the blender running.) Add more water, a tablespoon at a time, as needed to blend to a drizzly consistency.
2) Layer over fresh berries or any fruit of your choice!