By Chef: Amanda Brocket
Posted: September 1, 2016
This yummy dessert is made without the use of any sugar thanks to a winning combination of Medicine Flowers cold pressed flavor extracts, stevia and xylitol (from birch trees), which are all safe for people to use who have blood sugar issues or candida. The perfect healthy treat when you want to indulge your sweet tooth a bit, sans the actual sugar. Enjoy!
- 2T raw cacao nibs
- 3T almond butter
- pinch cloves
- 2t cinnamon
- 2t cinnamon
- 1C pecans powdered (see method below)
- 1C walnuts powdered (see method below)
- 1C hazelnuts chopped
- 1C shredded coconut powdered (see method below)
- 1C shredded coconut
- 2T chia seeds
- 2T coconut oil
- 1/4C xylitol powdered (see method below)
- 11/2C shredded beetroot
- 1/4C irish moss paste (see packet for instructions on how to make paste)
- 16 drops Medicine Flower cherry morello
- 4-8 drops stevia
- pinch salt
- 3T cacao powder
- 3T coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 12 drops of Cherry Morello Medicine Flowers
- 3-6 drops Stevia
- Place shredded coconut in blender jug, make sure its dry and powder the coconut. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Do the same for the pecans, walnuts and xylitol. Place in the bowl.
- Grate the beetroot and place in the mixing bowl. Place all other ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir to combine. I like to get my hands win there and really work it all together nicely. Adjust to taste.
- Press into a cake pan and set in freezer for a few hours then make the sugar free chocolate ganache to splash over the top of it. Or if you have a dehydrator place in dehydrator for a few hours on 115°F. This makes it taste more like a cake and the wonderful spice flavours develop. Its really nice served with some cashew yoghurt this way 🙂
- Over a double boiler melt 3T cacao powder, 3T coconut oil, pinch of salt, 12 drops of Cherry Morello Medicine Flowers, and 3-6 drops Stevia. Stir until smooth.
- Then with a teaspoon drizzle chocolate over the bites.