By Chef: Julia Corbett
Posted: March 26, 2015
Peanut butter cookie and strawberry jam, what more can you say?! Very savory and nutty, especially when lightly toasted (which is optional). The cookie itself here combines the jungle peanuts with coconut for a buttery taste and texture. This is a chilled cookie, so best served straight out of the fridge or freezer.
- 2 cups jungle peanuts
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2 T raw honey or coconut nectar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 T maca powder
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped, 1 T raw honey or coconut nectar, 3 T chia seeds
- If desired, lightly roast the jungle peanuts at 275 degrees F for 20 minutes or so. Skin the peanuts after cooling, if you want a lighter colored dough. Place all ingredients into a food processor and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll into a 1/8″ to 1/4″ thich dough between two sheets of parchment paper, on a cutting board using a straight-sided glass or a rolling pin to evenly compact the dough.
- Cut all the cookies with a cookie cutter, then with half of the cookies, cut the linzer or the shape out of the center. Or use a simple cookie cutter for sandwich cookies.
- Line all the solid cookies on a parchment paper lined sheet pan that will fit in your fridge or freezer, and drop 1 teaspoon of jelly on the cookie, and top with the cutout linzer cookie.
- Chill until ready to serve!
- Mix the strawberries and honey in a food processor or blender until smooth. Place in a bowl and stir in chia seeds, set aside.
*If you are sensitive to regular peanuts, give jungle peanuts a try since they are an heirloom legume with minimal to no aflatoxins, unless allergic. Also can be substituted with any other oily nut like pecans, brazil nuts or macadamias.