By Chef: Dreena Burton
Posted: July 26, 2012
Boost that immune system with a blast of potent antioxidants in the form of this delicious smoothie by Dreena Burton. Throw into your blender a base of fresh nut milk, frozen bananas, fresh or frozen strawberries, goji berries, a few spoonfuls of whole flax seed and an optional dash of cinnamon and you’ll be on your way to developing vitamin C and beta carotene activated super powers!
Yield: 2 medium smoothies
- 1 1/2 cups plain or vanilla almond milk (I really like almond milk and/or hemp milk in this smoothie, but you can use another non-dairy milk if preferred)
- 1/2 cup water (or more non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sliced banana (fairly ripe/overripe is best)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (or fresh)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 2 tbsp whole flax seed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1) Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and puree for a few minutes to ensure the goji berries and flax seeds are pulverized and well incorporated. Makes 2 medium-large smoothies.