By Chef: Raw Loulou
Posted: May 7, 2012
A light, ultra fresh low fat tabbouleh style salad with sun dried tomatoes, spring onion, cucumber, sultanas, fresh mint and a squeeze of lemon juice. In replace of traditional wheat based bulgur this recipe utilizes the nutritionally packed seed quinoa in it’s sprouted form. Sprouting the quinoa will make the amino acids even more bioavailable and creates a robust nutty flavor and chewy texture. Quinoa is very easy to sprout and this recipe comes together very quickly. Serve it up Mediterranean style with some raw hummus, flax crackers, and black botija olives!
- 1 cup sprouted quinoa (simply soak quinoa for at least 4 hours preferbly overnight)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 5 or 6 sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 T sultanas
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 T fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/4 cucumber finely chopped
Add all of the above in a bowl and leave for a few hours to marinate together (I found the flavors are more intensely infused if left over night in the fridge).