By Chef: Jodi Burke
Posted: August 19, 2014
A really quick and easy superfood snack by Jodi Burke that is absolutely packed with all of the essential nutrients your body craves. Trace minerals, vitamins galore, essential fatty acids, highly digestible protein containing all essential amino acids and plenty of detoxifying and alkalinizing chlorophyll. With all of those benefits it’s clear that spirulina is a truly powerful food we could all benefit from eating on a more regular basis. Think of it as nature’s multi-vitamin/mineral supplement in a whole food form. These Spirulina wraps really hit the spot especially if you have a bit of a salty/savory tooth. Enjoy!
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 cup raw Sunflower seeds (soaked or unsoaked)
- ½ cup raw Sesame seeds
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- juice of 1 Lemon
- pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Spirulina (Purium’s Spirulina)
- Spices (optional)
- Approximately 5 Raw Nori sheets
1. Throw all ingredients except nori in a processor and process until desired consistency (either a little chunky or rather smooth)
2. Cut nori sheets into 3 pieces as even ½ a sheet will be too much.
3. Put a line of the mixture on each piece and roll up (I used a Sushi mat to help with the rolling).
4. Put in dehydrator and dehydrate for approximately 12 – 14 hours.
Keep in a sealed container and it will keep for a couple of weeks.