By Chef: Deborah Marsh
Posted: July 4, 2012
Who doesn’t love a good collard wrap, especially when it’s filled with a mouth-watering, deliciously savory, perfectly salted and spiced mock seafood pate! Fill up on these yummy raw vegetarian wraps by Deborah Marsh! If you are a tuna salad person this is the perfect recipe for you. No fish, no dairy, no harmful ingredients just raw organic, nuts, seeds, veggies, and seasonings! This recipe makes a very easy lunch or dinner, and any leftover pate can be saved for a salad topping later in the week.
Spicy Mock Seafood Pate:
- 1 cup soaked raw almonds
- 1/2 cup soaked raw sunflower seeds
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup soaked raw Dulse seaweed
- 1 T raw honey
- 1 tsp or more cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp or more sea salt
- 1 tsp ACV
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T nama shoyu
- 1/4 cup raw Brazil nuts
- dash or two of your favorite herbs and spices
- collard greens
- tomatoes (chopped)
- Persian cucumbers (chopped)
- Fresh micro greens, lettuces, and herbs
1. Chop the red bell pepper a food processor until creamy. Then add the soaked nuts and process until creamy/crumbly.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Collard Greens Preparation:
1. Wash collards to remove any dirt, then pat dry. Carefully thin out leaf stems so that collard is flexible, and can be rolled without tearing. Set aside.
1. Place some fresh micro greens and herb salad mix on one side of the collard.
2. Top with 2-3 large spoonfuls of the pate.
3. Top with cucumber and tomatoes.
4. Carefully roll-up the collard like you would a burrito.
Prepare the remaining collards in the same way until you have used up either all the collards or all the pate. The stuffed collards are now ready to eat. Serve with your favorite dressing or dipping sauce. I used a tahini based dressing…yummo! Enjoy!