By Chef: Kerry Ogden
Posted: September 10, 2014
This oil-free, nut-free gazpacho by Kerry Ogden has a lot of kick thanks to delicious and smoky chipotle powder. It’s the perfect soup for the summer/fall intersection when juicy tomatoes give way to luscious corn.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup corn kernels (about 1 cob)
1) Soak sun-dried tomatoes for about 20 minutes. Reserve the water.
2) Toss all the ingredients into a blender, adding reserved water as needed. I used about 1 cup.
3) Stir well. Pour about half of the mixture back into the blender. This will create a smoother texture.
4) Return to remaining soup and stir in the corn.
5) Chill for a couple of hours or overnight to let flavors marry.
6) Garnish generously with avocado. Enjoy!