By Chef: Callie England
Posted: October 19, 2012
Whose craving something deliciously savory, spicy, filling and richly flavorful tonight for dinner? Love your thyroid with some naturally iodine-rich kelp noodles while the spicy almond miso sauce warms your insides.
- bag of kelp noodles
- 2 C julienned carrots
- 1 C almond butter
- 1 C cherry tomatoes
- .25 C tamari
- .25 C sesame seed oil (pref. toasted)
- 1 lime peeled (or juiced if not using a vitamix)
- 1 packet of stevia
- 1/5″ ginger
- 1 T miso
- .5 clove garlic
- 1-2 tsp fresh chili paste (could also use tai chillies, cayenne, chili flakes, etc…)
In a large bowl, combine kelp noodles and carrots – set aside.
1. In a high-speed blender, blend all dressing ingredients until smooth. This will yield much more than needed for the noodles. Set aside 2 T – .25 C of dressing and place the reminder in an airtight container in the refrigerator (will keep for 4-5 days).
1. Mix almond dressing with kelp/carrot noodles – let sit for about 5 minutes until kelp noodles are soft in texture. Garnish with fresh lime zest and serve immediately.