By Chef: Tonya Cole Lightfoot
Posted: February 24, 2011
There are so many ways to make “pasta” dishes with the kelp noodles. They are absolutely delicious and raw! This recipe combines kelp noodles with a simple, mildly spicy and richly creamy cashew and sun dried tomato sauce. The sauce takes only minutes to prepare and the kelp noodles require only a thorough rinse, making this recipe great for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 1 package of Kelp Noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1 fresh tomato or 4 sun dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Parsley or Basil, chopped
- Cherry Tomatoes
- crushed red pepper
1) Rinse Kelp Noodles in warm water, cut and drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
2) In a Vitamix mix all the remaining ingredients except the basil/parsley and cherry tomatoes.
3) Toss the cream sauce with the kelp noodles and add the remaining ingredients.
This makes great left overs. You can place in the dehydrate at 200 F for 15 minutes to warm. It will not be 200 F and if you use too much red bell pepper it will overpower the creamy flavor.