By Chef: Heather McClees
Posted: April 10, 2015
Have you heard of cupuacu? Well, if you haven’t, hear this out! It’s a family of the cacao fruit but contains no natural caffeine like cacao. It is rich in so many antioxidants, it may possibly be higher in benefits than many superfoods we know and love today. So here’s a wonderful breakfast recipe by Heather McClees– Smoothie bowl with cupuacu!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp. raw coconut flour (to thicken and add fiber and flavor without carbs)
- 1 tablespoon cupuacu powder
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries (or you could use frozen strawberries or raspberries if cranberries aren’t available at your supermarket any longer)
- 1 scoop Vega One French Vanilla
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Add all this to your blender, blend, and pour into a bowl.
- Top with raw almonds, coconut shreds, cashews, cacao nibs, etc. Whatever you like works!
- Enjoy this rich, sweet NO sugar superfood bowl that will literally make you feel insanely healthy and give you rockin’ skin and energy too!:)