By Chef: Summer Sanders
Posted: December 11, 2014
Have you gone gluten free yet find yourself missing pasta? It’s time to invest in a spiral slicer so you can whip up some delicious raw pasta! Ribbons of spiralized zucchini and carrots replace wheat-based noodles, and are the perfect carrier of flavor for this creamy raw pesto sauce made with cold pressed olive oil, raw cashews, basil, garlic, black pepper and sea salt. Top with pine nuts, micro greens, and fresh herbs and enjoy!
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup cashews or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 cup fresh basil, stems included, packed tightly
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 garlic clove (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- Spiralize your zucchini and carrots. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a food processor or vitamix, blend together the cashew, pumpkin seeds, EVOO, basil, garlic if using and pepper. Once it is well blended, transfer on top of the spiralized noodles. I use my hand (washed of course!) to get the pesto all blended in to the noodles.