By Chef: Callie England
Posted: February 9, 2011
While baked breads are definitely tasty, they are unfortunately not so kind to the human body. This raw vegan bread is made with plenty of nutrient rich hemp seeds, ground flax, tomatoes, onions and spices and is absolutely delicious with a raw cheese spread or dipped in soup.
- 1 C chopped tomato
- 3 cipollini onions (pearl sized onions)
- .5 C olive oil
- .75 C hemp seed
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped)
- 2 C flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .25 C chopped parsley
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T Italian herbs
1. In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients except for flax meal.
2. Once blended until smooth, add flax meal by hand.
3. Spread mixture evenly on two non-stick dehydrator sheets.
4. After about 6 hours, flip bread onto mesh dehydrator sheets. Let dehydrate for about 14 hours* at 115 degrees.
*Time could vary. Check bread every few hours to make sure it isn’t getting too dry.