By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: August 14, 2014
This is the kind of recipe that will render a moment of silence with the first bite. Raw Salted Honey Peanut Butter Truffles by Chris Anca of Tales of a Kitchen made with ingredients that actually nourish your body. Organic peanut butter (use jungle peanut for a truly raw version), real sea salt, raw honey, juicy dates, raw chocolate and a sprinkling of cacao nibs combine to create a true delicacy. YUM!
- 6 full TBSP of (organic) peanut butter (use jungle peanut butter for a raw version)
- 2 good pinches of sea salt flakes
- 3 full TBSP of raw honey (equally delicious with maple syrup for vegan option)
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2-3 pieces of raw dark chocolate
- Toppings: cacao nibs, sea salt flakes
1. Melt the raw chocolate pieces in a small bowl on top of a small pot of hot water.
2. While chocolate is melting, mix peanut butter with honey (maple syrup) and sea salt flakes. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, tear the Medjool dates in half and roll each piece into a tiny ball.
4. Take about 1/2 TBSP of the peanut butter mix and a date ball and roll them together so that the peanut butter mix covers the date ball. Continue with the rest and once you’re done refrigerate them for 3-4 minutes.
5. Dip each peanut butter truffle in the melted chocolate, sprinkle with cacao nibs and sea salt flakes and refrigerate for 1-2 minutes.