By Chef: Emma Potts
Posted: June 12, 2014
Decadent raw and gluten-free chocolate hazelnut thumbprint cookies by Emma Potts of Coconut and Berries, made extra tasty with the addition of Rawmio’s Original Chocolate Hazelnut spread. Garnished with a dollop of homemade sugar-free strawberry chia jam, because strawberry and chocolate is a match made in heaven!
RAW STRAWBERRY JAM
- 5-6 Medjool Dates, pitted and diced
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 C Strawberries, washed, hulled and diced
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
RAW CHOCOLATE-HAZELNUT COOKIES
- 1/4 C Rawmio Chocolate Hazelnut Butter (Original), melted
- 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp Almond milk
- 1 Tbsp Ground flax
- 1/16 tsp Salt
- 1/4C + 1 Tbsp Coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp Almond flour/ground blanched almonds
- 1/2 Tbsp Raw cacao
1) Make the strawberry jam first. Blend together all your ingredients in a high speed blender until perfectly smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides several times to get everything incorporated. Refrigerate while you make the cookies.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the chocolate hazelnut butter, coconut sugar, almond milk, flax and salt. (To melt the chocolate hazelnut butter, which is solid at room temperature, place the jar in a bowl of hot water or in a dehydrator for a few minutes).
3) Stir together the remaining ingredients in another bowl.
4) Add wet to dry and stir together to combine well. It will be very thick but shouldn’t be dry. If it is, add almond milk 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency is reached.
5) Divide the mixture into 6, roll into balls and flattened with the palm of your hand. Use your thumb to make small indentations in each of the cookies and fill with a small amount of the strawberry jam.
6) Drizzle with more Rawmio chocolate hazelnut butter for extra deliciousness!
Store in the fridge.
If you are using another brand or homemade chocolate hazelnut butter it will likely be much thicker than Rawmio, and more or less sweet so you may need to adjust the amounts of almond milk and coconut sugar accordingly.