By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: January 14, 2014
Bring a little fun, creativity and SPICE to your kitchen today with this raw version of a simple taco salad by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish! The handful of ingredients come together so effortlessly, even the walnut taco meat takes but a few seconds to make with a pulse or two in the food processor. If you pack lunches for yourself in the morning this makes a great healthy salad option for work. Simply place your ingredients in a mason jar and give it a good shake before eating. If you’re really hungry you can easily double the recipe. Enjoy!
Salad for 1
- 2 kale leaves
- 1/2 of a tomato
- 1/3 of an avocado
- 1 green onion
- 1 squeeze of fresh lime
Raw «Taco Meat»
- 2 tbs raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raw walnuts
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 1 splash coconut aminos
- 1 dash smoked paprika or chipotle (optional)
You know, taco salad, but a raw version?
I thought it was cute. 🙂
I made this just for me today, but you can make as many servings as you like all at once.
1) Chop up two kale leaves, half a tomato, a third of an avocado and one green onion. Toss that into your vessel of choice.
2) Chop up two tablespoons of raw walnuts with two tablespoons of fresh cilantro.
3) Add in a pinch of cumin seeds, a splash of coconut aminos and a dash of smoked paprika (optional).
4) Add this all to the veggies.
5) Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top and enjoy!