By Chef: Koko Brill
Posted: July 16, 2013
A zesty, garlicy tomato sauce made with sun dried tomatoes, fresh herbs, and cold pressed olive oil atop a bed of spiralized zucchini. The addition of 1 date gives it the perfect hint of sweetness while the cashews add a slightly creamy element. Rich in water and nutrients and absolutely free of all gluten, this recipe will never leave you weighed down.
- Zucchini — 2 medium-sized, spiralized
- Tomatoes — 1 1/2 cups, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil — 1/4 cup
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes — 3
- Red Bell Pepper — 1/4 cup, chopped
- Cashews — 1/4 cup
- Garlic — 1 clove
- Date — 1, pitted
- Apple Cider Vinegar — 1 tsp
- Fresh Basil — 1/4 cup, loosely packed
- Fresh Thyme — 1 Tbsp
- Sea Salt — To taste
- Fresh ground black pepper — To taste
1) Spiralize zucchini into noodles and set aside.
2) Add all ingredients for sauce into blender and blend until smooth.