By Chef: Kelly Fielding
Posted: December 14, 2015
This recipe has various components to it! There is the raw sunflower bread, the chickpea patties, the hummus and the curried sunflower seeds. Yet don’t be alarmed by all the steps! You can easily use your favorite healthy bread from the market, you can use your favorite store-bought hummus and you can choose to make the raw or cooked version of the patties. Feel free to make everything from scratch if you want the challenge and have the time- its a lot of fun! Try making a big fresh salad and just adding the pattie on top, or try a sandwich with the sunflower bread just with miso, avocado and sprouts. This is a great meal to make for people new to raw or vegan food as it is fun, delicious and so pretty! Store the patties and bread in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. Having healthy things on hand mean endless variations!
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user2045867/www/rawfoodrecipes.cmsmagazine.by/wp-content/themes/rawfoodrecipes/single-recipe.php on line 248
Quick and Easy Sunflower Bread
- This is such a great recipe for raw bread! Simply place all of the ingredients in a bowl an mix very well to combine. Allow the mixture to stand for 15 minutes or so to absorb the water and then spread out on your teflex sheet around 1cm thick, covering the whole tray.
- Dry at 105 degrees for 4 hours and then flip over and remove the teflex. Dry for another hour or two until the bread is dry through but still soft and malleable.
- Cut each sheet into 9 even pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Chickpea Burger Patties
- Place the chickpeas and sweet potato in your food processor and blitz until it is relatively smooth- a few chunks are ok! Add the remaining ingredients and process until everything is combined.
- Roll into small patties in your hand and then flatten onto a dehydrator tray lined with a teflex sheet.
- Scatter with sesame seeds and dehydrate for 6-8 hours at 105 degrees. Flip them over, remove the teflex and dehydrate until dry- another 2-4 hours. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Assembly of Burger — The Whole Shebang
- If you are making the bread and patties, make those first. The raw versions will take at least 24 hours, the cooked patties will take an hour or so!
- When you are ready and have your patties and bread on hand, prepare all of your salad ingredients and then simply stack the burger as you please- I did a layering of bread, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, pat tie, hummus, lettuce, bread!