By Chef: Elenore Earthsprout
Posted: September 28, 2012
I considered naming this one “raw vegan protein butter” since it’s loaded with complete protein from the sprouted quinoa. When I make it I store it in the fridge (for no more than 2 days) and use as dip, dressing or butter. This time around I grabbed a few baby carrots from the garden and paired with the smoky butter it was the most perfect afternoon snack. You are very welcome to do the same but be prepared for the complete and utter perfection of texture and flavor combination.
Yield: 1 jar
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sprouted quinoa* (1dl)
- 8 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp soaking water from the tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and then soak it overnight. In the morning put it in a strainer and rinse them 2-3 times a day for two days. Ready! Store in the fridge for no more than 2 days. Add to salads, veggie burgers and other yummy things.
1. Soak the sun dried tomatoes in 1 cup of water for at least 1 hour (save 2 tbsp of the soaking water for the recipe.
2. Cut the avocado in halves and scoop out with a large spoon into a blender.
3. Add the tomatoes, soaking water, smoked paprika to the blender as well. Blend.
4. Add the quinoa and eat in whatever way suits you best. If you spread it over a slice of bread, remember my rule. Treat it as a canvas;)