By Chef: Lena
Posted: November 12, 2015
Persimmons are shining ingredient and inspiration in this recipe. Slicing and eating the fruit of a persimmon is one way to enjoy this succulent fruit, but you can also use fresh, sliced Fuyu persimmons in salads. The firm slices will add a sweet bite to your next batch of greens. You can also puree the flesh of the persimmon to add it to your favorite dessert. This cheesecake will mesmerize those who enjoy it with its bright color and divine creamy texture. But the real selling point for this cheesecake is how easy it is to make! Just pulse several times the crust ingredients in your blender, blend the filling on high speed, and then assemble and freeze. Simply defrost this cake 30 minutes before you are ready to serve it and enjoy!
- 1½ cup dates
- 1½ cup walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 limes juiced juiced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 persimmons
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Place nuts and figs in a blender with sea salt and pulse to chop until they are to your desired fineness (process a finer crust longer than a chunky one). Test the crust by spooning out a small amount of mixture and rolling it in your hands. If the ingredients hold together, your crust is perfect. Scoop out crust mixture in a 9” spring-form pan (if you don’t have a spring-form pan, use a pie plate lined with parchment paper), and press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even throughout.
- Warm coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat until liquid. Whisk to combine.
- Place all filling ingredients in the blender and blend on high until very smooth (this may take a couple minutes, so be patient).
- Pour the mixture out onto the crust and smooth with a spatula. Place in freezer for 3 hours.
- To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating.
- Top with more persimmons, pomegranate seeds and mint.
- Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices. Enjoy