By Chef: Chelsea Rochili
Posted: April 2, 2015
Squares of heaven! These superfood-packed raw vegan brownies are so delicious and decadent, chocolate-ey and fudge-like with a refreshing mint flavour and a hint of sweet-caramel from organic maca powder.
- 2 c pitted medjool dates (soaked for an hour to soften)
- 1 c walnuts OR hazelnuts
- 1 c rolled oats (or another cup of nuts)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (you can use cocoa, but then it wouldn’t be raw)
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt (or any coarse salt)
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c raw cacao powder
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 2-3 drops peppermint essential oil (you can use 1 tsp extract if you don’t have this)
- In a food processor, process dates, nuts, oats, 1/4 cup cacao powder, salt, and maca until it forms a dough (that sticks together when you press it).
- Press the dough evenly into a parchment lined container (I used a small square tin), chill in the fridge for an hour.
- To make the glaze topping, whisk 1/4 cup cacao powder, peppermint oil, coconut oil, and maple syrup until smooth. Pour over the brownie evenly. Chill in the fridge for an hour until set (I highly recommend chilling it overnight for the flavours to fully develop though).
- Cut into squares, decorate however you want (I sprinkled some matcha powder over mine), enjoy!!!