By Chef: Shernell Cooke
Posted: February 19, 2015
A raw vegan take on a classic cookie hailing from France. Madeleine Cookies are actually small sponge-like cakes baked within molds shaped like shells. They’re popular in France, where they are made with (of course!) lots of flour, butter and sugar. This version is made with grain-free and paleo-friendly coconut flour for a fluffy, cake-like texture without the gluten. They are so easy to make; no baking required! Enjoy one with your next cup of tea.
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups coconut flakes
Madeleine Icing /Topping
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the first five ingredients well in a medium bowl.
- Then add the coconut flour and coconut flakes.Stir with a fork until well combined
- Place the mixture in a silicone madeleine shaped cookie pan. Let set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Dip one side of the cookies into the icing,top with pecan chips and serve.
*Feel free to make the Madeleine cookies different flavors *To make pecan chips simply chop whole pecans into small chips or buy them. *If the icing is to lumpy simply strain it before you ice the cookies