By Chef: Marina Yanay-Triner
Posted: March 5, 2018
Who loves the amazing taste of Reese’s cups? Amazing taste, but not so amazing ingredients. This recipe is a truly healthy alternative that’s also completely delicious – free of refined ingredients like sugars and oil and takes very little time to make. Instead of traditional peanut butter, these cups are made with sprouted almond butter by Dastony, which means, even if you have peanut allergies, you can totally make and enjoy this recipe too!
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1.5 cups Medjoul dates, pitted or about 16 Medjoul dates
- 0.5 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 0.25 cups raw sprouted almond butter
- 0.25 cups raw coconut butter
- 0.75 cup water
- A pinch Himalayan pink crystal salt
- 6 teaspoons raw sprouted almond butter
- 30 goji berries approximately; you can fill each cup with as many as you like
For the chocolate
- Blend all ingredients (cacao, pitted dates, lucuma, almond butter, coconut butter, water, and salt) until completely creamy and smooth. Be sure to use a high-speed blender for this, and its tamper for better blending.
- Line a cupcake pan with individual cupcake baking cups or wrappers.
- Fill half the cup with the chocolate, making sure to smother some on the walls of the wrapper/cup like this.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours, until completely hard and frozen.
- Remove from freezer, and fill with 1 teaspoon sprouted almond butter and about 5 goji berries in each cup.
- Add the rest of the chocolate on top, distributing evenly.
- Freeze for another 1-2 hours, or until completely hard.
The 6 resulting Reese’s cups will not be completely hard like a real Reese’s cup, simply because they don’t contain oil. So if you are going to bring these to a gathering, be sure to place them in a cooler with ice. The flavor is remarkable, and the lack of oil has no impact on it!