By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: January 5, 2017
The irresistible flavor triage of vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg combine within this recipe to create eggnog in cheesecake form. Little else needs to be said. Perfection in every way.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Scant 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 — 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 30-60 minutes, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup clear agave*
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut butter
- 2 drops stevia, optional
- Process the almonds, coconut, and cacao powder in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add the raisins. Process until completely broken down.
- Add the water. Process briefly. The dough must hold together when pressed.
- Press into the bottom of mini moulds of choice. I got 5 cakes out of this recipe, plus 2 small mini muffin cups.
- Blend the water, cashews, and agave in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Add stevia if desired for a bit more sweetness.
- Pour over the crusts.
- Place into the freezer for 8-12 hours and then remove from the silicone and transfer to the fridge for at least 6 hours, or until fully thawed.
*I chose to use clear/light agave to keep the cake white. If you use coconut nectar or maple syrup it will colour the cake a caramel colour.