By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: August 18, 2016
For those days when you need a little EXTRA chocolate in your life, this raw vegan chocolate chip ice cream will hit the spot. Made with a base of cashews, young coconut meat, and raw chocolate, you’ll also be gifting your body with healthy fats and antioxidants while your taste buds bliss out. Enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh young coconut meat (or 1.5 cups cashews, soaked)
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4-8 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup/agave/coconut sugar or nectar
- 4 pitted medjool dates, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/3 cup (raw) vegan chocolate chips (or substitute with cacao nibs, coconut flakes or chopped nuts for an oil-free version)
- Place all the ingredients, except for chocolate chips) in a high speed blender. Blend until you get a thick and super smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a lined tin or bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 6 hours.
- The ice cream should be defrosted for 15-30 minutes prior serving, and will keep for at least a month or two in the freezer.