By Chef: Mel Hayes
Posted: March 25, 2015
Who says you can’t give your kids a tasty treat?! Single mum and raw-food enthusiast Mel Hayes of A Better Restart shares how she gives her son delicious but healthy treats for the day. Not only is this delicious, it’s a good way for moms and kids to bond over for a weekend night dessert.
This is for everyone out there who loves eating clean but also loves ice cream and does not have an ice cream maker.
Choc-Chip Ice Cream
- 1 cup cashews
- 200ml organic coconut milk
- 3 tbs organic honey
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil, 1 tbs cacao powder, 1 tbs organic honey
- Add cashews, coconut milk and honey to thermomix bowl and blend 45sec/speed 8 (or mixture is smooth). Add cacao nibs to bowl and blend 5secs/speed 3. Pour mixture into a container and place in freezer to set over night.
- To make the topping add all three ingredients into a bowl and mix well, pour into a small sauce serving jug or a squeezy bottle, for an extra special look to your dinner party.
- Make topping when you wish to serve and eat the ice cream as the cold ice cream is what will turn the topping hard as you drizzle of your delicious dessert.