By Chef: Lena
Posted: July 23, 2015
The classic popular dessert of carrot cake is given a raw interpretation for this delicious recipe. Healthy whole foods are mixed with cinnamon, ginger and turmeric to recreate all the flavors of carrot cake without the processed sugar and flour.
- 3 cups shredded carrot
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1,5 cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Slice of fresh ginger
- Dash of turmeric
- Orange Vanilla Cream Frosting
- 3 oranges freshly squeezed
- 2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup dates
- Small Stem or Scrape of fresh vanilla
- Peel and grate all of your carrots.
- Using a food processor or blender blend your walnuts, soaked dates, carrots, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric.
- Press this mixture into the cupcake liners and refrigerate.
- Blend all of your Cream Frosting ingredients.
- Spread this frosting onto your cupcakes using a piping bag.
- So delicious! Enjoy!