By Chef: Violaine Bergoin
Posted: August 24, 2017
No baking required. These delightful Blueberry Cupcakes are entirely raw and gluten-free, and come complete with a creamy cashew vanilla frosting. Serve them for breakfast with a side of fresh squeezed juice or nut milk of choice, an energizing snack mid-afternoon, or take them to a get together to share with friends.
- 100g of almond powder
- 50g of grounded sunflower seeds
- 50g of sprouted buckwheat flour
- 100g of coconut sugar
- 60g of agave syrup
- One tablespoon of Psyllium powder
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 60g of whole blueberries
- 150g of soaked raw cashew nuts (overnight is ideal, otherwise 4 hours is fine)
- 60ml of agave syrup or date syrup
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 30ml of coconut oil
- 60ml of lemon juice
- Mint leaves
- A handful of blueberries
- Mix all the frosting ingredients in the Vitamix. Place in the freezer for an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for cupcake batter in the food processor. Place 2/3 of the batter in cupcake by pressing at the bottom thoroughly.
- Place Three blueberries on each mould.
- Fill the mould with the rest of the batter by pressing gently. Put in the fridge for half and hour.
- Un-mould your cupcakes and frost them. Decorate with blueberries and mint leaves. Keep in the fridge until serving.