By Chef: Heidi Turunen
Posted: February 12, 2015
This raw vegan version of tuna salad can be served on a bed of greens, scooped up with crackers, or rolled inside a nori or collard wrap for a nutritious and tasty meal or quick savory snack. This recipe is rich in protein, zinc, and enzymes and has all of the delicious flavor you’d expect but no fishy aftertaste. Win!
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 2 pickles, cut into small chunks
- Nutritional Yeast, optional
- Drain and rinse soaked sunflower seeds.
- Put seeds, pickle juice, lemon juice and salt in your food processor. Pulse until seeds are broken up.
- Add shallots, celery and dill and pulse few more times.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and add pickles. Mix with a large spoon.