By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: April 1, 2015
The flavors of succulent strawberry, creamy coconut and sweet vanilla combine in this raw, vegan, and low-sugar version of a classic macaroon cookie – perfect for springtime ahead! Wondering how to achieve that pretty in pink pop of color without the use of food dye? The secret lies in natural beet root powder – it works like a charm.
- 1/3 cup cashews or almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 12 drops strawberry medicine flower extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2-4 drops stevia
- Optional: beet root powder for colour
- Grind the almonds or cashews to flour in a food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients and process until the mixture is combined.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop to form balls and release them onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Pop them into the fridge or freezer until firm.