By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: October 23, 2014
There are a whole lot of reasons to fall in love with this recipe. Yes, it tastes like creamy sweet pumpkin pie in a glass, but it’s also full of powerhouse antioxidants such as carotenes, Vitamin A and Vitamin C, mineral potassium, cleansing fiber, and brain-nourishing fats.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup peeled, diced sweet potato, pumpkin, or yams
- 2 large medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cup ice cubes
1. Blend all but the ice cubes in a high speed blender until completely smooth. Add the ice and blend again until smooth. Add a few drops stevia if you want it sweeter.
Note: Do NOT add the ice until blending the other ingredients or the coconut butter will seize and not be properly incorporated.