By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: June 7, 2018
Craving pad thai? This raw healthy recipe is perfect for those peanutty cravings!
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 cup olive oil (or flax oil)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons mellow white miso
- 6 dates, pitted OR 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons nama shoyu
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 large or 2 small zucchinis, spiralized or sliced with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 large or 1/2 small cucumber, grated or peeled into long strips
- Scallions or green onions to garnish
- Blend all sauce ingredients till creamy and emulsified.
- Prepare and mix all veggies, save the scallions or green onion.
- Toss with 1/4 cup sauce, adding more if necessary, and sprinkle with scallions.
Add sugar snaps, shitake mushrooms, snow pea shoots, or mung bean sprouts for an extra crunch!