By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: June 18, 2014
Beyond simple to make and packed FULL of the good stuff! You will love the combination of crunchy chocolate that melts in the mouth revealing chewy-sweet mulberries. This recipe by Erin Bosdet of Simple Dish can be adapted to please a variety of taste buds – it serves as a great chocolate base for the superfoods of your choosing. ENJOY!
Yield: 6 chocolate bars
- 3/4c of raw cacao powder
- 1/4c of melted cacao butter
- 1tbsp of coconut nectar
- white mulberries
1) Melt your solid cacao butter in a bowl over simmering water. We don’t have a scale so we just eyeballed it.
2) Once the cacao butter has melted, pour the quarter cup of liquid into a bowl and add in the cacao powder and the nectar and give it a good whisk.
3) Choose your mold of choice and pour it in.
4) Now, the chocolate all on it’s own is pretty fabulous, but try adding two or three mulberries to each bite and prepare to become hooked! The mulberries add a little crunchy, slightly chewy texture to the decadent bite…trust me, you won’t be disappointed! Let’s not forget that mulberries are really good for our beautiful bodies!