By Chef: Pixie Turner
Posted: September 24, 2015
This is a recreation of a classic: mint chocolate chip. It tastes too creamy and delicious you honestly wouldn’t believe it’s not regular ice cream. Even though the weather is getting colder in the northern hemisphere this ice cream is the perfect after dinner treat to have in front of the TV by a roaring fire huddled in a blanket, along with some vegan hot chocolate to warm you up afterwards. Doesn’t that sounds like bliss?
- 1 cup cashews (ideally soaked overnight but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t do this)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp rice syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp raw organic spirulina (or other green powder such as e3 live or chlorella)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3-4 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Blend the cashews and water until almost smooth. This could take a while depending on the strength of your blender, so make sure to regularly scrape down the side of the blender.
- Add the rice syrup, spirulina, and peppermint extract, and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the cacao nibs, then place in a shallow container wrapped in foil.
- Freeze, stirring every hour or so for a smoother creamier consistency.
- Take out of the freezer about 20-30 minutes before scooping.