By Chef: Nikki Stokes
Posted: January 23, 2014
A sweet and creamy mango beverage by Nikki Stokes of Eating Vibrantly inspired by a delicious yogurt drink known in India as lassi. Traditionally this blended beverage is served with spicy food to help refresh the palate and cool the system. This yummy raw version is free of all dairy, and instead relies on cashews for creaminess, fresh lemon juice for an added tang, fresh mango and banana for that deliciously fruity flavor and natural sweetness, and spices of nutmeg and cardamom for a traditional Indian flavor. Try it out, you wont be disappointed!
- 1 med (350g) mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 med (140g) banana, peeled
- ½ cup (70g) cashews
- 3 (50g) medjool dates
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1½ cups (250g) ice
- Ground nutmeg or cardamom to garnish (optional)
1) Add everything (except for the nutmeg) to the blender and blend at high speed until smooth and creamy.
2) Pour into glasses and drink.